|"Doug's Last Birthday"|
|Season D1, Episode 1|
|Premiere date:||September 7, 1996|
"Doug's Bad Trip"
"Doug's New School"
"Doug's Last Birthday" is the first episode of Doug in the Disney era (known in this era as "Disney's Doug", previously "Brand Spankin' New Doug"). It first aired on September 7, 1996, on ABC.
Doug is becoming overwhelmed with all the changes that are going on around him, his friends, and life in general.
- Since this is the first episode in the Disney era, there are many changes in the characters and settings:
- The Honker Burger has been remodeled as "Chez Honque" after Fat Jack bought the place the same time Bill Bluff bought his old trailer park to build the new school at. Also at the same time, Edwina Klotz sells her trailer in the trailer park. This is all due to the old Middle School having a termite problem.
- Connie Benge is thinner after going to summer camp.
- Roger Klotz has combed his hair back, and his new black leather jacket is sleeveless.
- Skeeter Valentine wears a long-sleeved T-shirt that is the same color as his short-sleeved T-shirt from the Nickelodeon era.
- Patti Mayonnaise has her hair cut short. She also announces that she's going to be home-schooled during the early hours of the morning.
- Judy Funnie wears a purple shirt with black pants & sandals.
- Doug Funnie's white T-shirt has longer sleeves.
- Smash Adams is portrayed by a different actor.
- The Beets deliver a farewell concert due to disputes against each other.
- Phil and Theda Funnie announce that they're going to have a baby.
- As of this episode, the episode format is 22 minutes, making each episode full-length.
- Starting with this episode, Doug and Roger are now voiced by Thomas McHugh and Chris Philips respectively instead of Billy West.