|Family|| Phil Funnie (father)|
Theda Funnie (mother)
Judy Funnie (sister)
|Interests||writing, superheroes, movies, comic books, rock music|
|Best Friends||Skeeter Valentine, Porkchop, Patti Mayonnaise|
Douglas Yancey "Doug" Funnie, is the titular character and chief protagonist in both the Nickelodeon and Disney animated series Doug. Douglas at first appears to be a shy, insecure and somewhat clumsy 11 (12½ in the Disney version) year old boy with a big heart.
Douglas was born in the town of Bloatsburg to Mr. and Mrs. Phil and Theda Funnie, their second child after Douglas' older sister Judy Funnie. At the beginning of the series, Douglas' family move to Bluffington from Bloatsburg after his father was appointed a new job position there. In the short time after his arrival, Doug had already formed relationships with many of the local kids, developing a fast friendship with Skeeter Valentine, among others. It was during this period that Doug also developed a crush on a local girl named Patti Mayonnaise, which would form the basis for many of his goals.
Doug is a rather average who often comes off as a shy and insecure person but he is a good kid and friend at heart and always tries to do the best he can despite his frequent failures. He's naive and gullable. He fears people will think of him as a loser. He is also very imaginative and creative allowing him to create his own superhero comic Quailman however he sometimes lets his fear and insecurities get the best of him which may cause him to dream up horrifying and impossible worst case scenarios to certain dilemmas. His affection for Patti Mayonnaise is an ever present part of his character, however due to his young age he is very inexperienced in the field of love but nonetheless hopes to someday have a relationship with her.
- Doug enjoys writing in his journal and treats it as a form of autobiography.
- He also enjoy drawing comic books about his favorite superhero and original idea Quailman which seems to be a super-heroic version of himself.
- An avid banjo player, Douglas also wrote his own songs.
- Doug has become a "Beetnik", or a person who likes The Beets, a band famous around Bluffington, that Skeeter introduced him to. He has been to a concert, and actually got to sing with them outside of the Honker Burger.
Douglas is considered an imaginative youth and created numerous fictional alter egos which he often uses for his comics. He also tends to imagine himself as famous movie characters he admires when trying to picture how his heroes would get out of a tough situation he is currently in.
- Quailman, a superhero with quail-like powers
- Smash Adams, a spy character from a Hollywood film.
- Race Canyon, an adventurous explorer based on Indiana Jones.
- Durango Doug, an adventurous cowboy.
- The Chameleon, a master of disguise.
Relationship with SkeeterEdit
Skeeter is Doug's best friend and they usually get along in every episode.
Relationship with PattiEdit
Patti is Doug's crush throughout the series. They seem to get along well.
Relationship with RogerEdit
Roger is Doug's main enemy, Roger always picks on Doug and Skeeter.
Relationship with Other CharactersEdit
Doug is usually misunderstood by other characters at his school.
- Doug is left handed.
- Doug is the only character that has appeared in every single episode of the show.
- Doug used to live in Bloatsburg.
- In addition to his imaginary alter-egos, Doug had an actual alter-ego in the form of the local Bluffington myth, Hamburger Boy.